Friday, July 6, 2018
Jason Hay 31, Toronto, was found guilty for the shooting at Moka Cafe and Espresso Bar that killed two people and wounded two others on June 24, 2015 in Woodbridge
The 31-year-old man who gunned down two people at a Vaughan cafe will serve a minimum of 50 years in prison before being eligible for parole.
Jason Hay was found guilty of the first-degree murders of Maria Voci, 47, and Christopher Desimone, 24, and attempted murders of two others at Moka Espresso Bar on June 24, 2015.
Justice Laura Bird sentenced him on Wednesday to two consecutive life terms and two concurrent life terms in prison.
York Regional Police had responded to reports of a shooting around 8:20 a.m. at the cafe, located on Islinton Ave., south of Hwy. 7, in Vaughan.
Voci and Desimone died at the scene and two men were injured.
Police said a gaming operation was being run at the cafe.
A getaway car, which police said had been stolen from Napanee a few days before the shooting, was found abandoned in a Toronto parking lot about a week after the incident.
Hay was arrested while driving north on Hwy. 400 on Aug. 14, 2015.
Please share this