Thursday, July 7, 2016
CNE in Toronto Nixes Decision to End Free Admission for People With Disabilities
The Ex made headlines earlier this week after posting on its website a change of policy that would have ended free admission for those with disabilities.
The original posting — which has now been removed from the CNE’s website — said individuals with disabilities would be charged an admission fee while their caregivers would continue to receive free entry.
The CNE said it was “seeking to align our policy with those in place at other attractions and events in the region.”
But on Thursday, the organization said on its website that the admissions policy will remain the same for 2016.
“Those with disabilities, along with their attendants, will be granted free admission,” the new post from the CNE said.
“Over the last couple of days, CNE customers and members of the broader community have shown considerable interest in, and provided valuable feedback regarding the proposed changes to the admissions policy.”
The annual fair will be hosting public consultations in the fall regarding admissions for persons with disabilities.
The CNE runs from Aug. 19 to Sept. 5 at Exhibition Place.
Please share this